How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Ketchum
Fall is coming quickly in Ketchum, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are several ways to produce levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors in Ketchum a call at 208-726-0060 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!