Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your home. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 208-726-0060, visit our Ketchum showroom or schedule an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.