Know when its time for replacement windows and doors with a DIY window and door inspection in Ketchum, ID
When it comes to owning a home, the list of to-do’s loads up from day one and never really gets finished. One thing that never gets crossed off the list is routine home maintenance. While that’s awfully broad and all-encompassing, you need to make sure it includes an inspection of your windows and doors so you know when it’s time for replacement windows and doors.
Taking even 10-15 minutes to do a swift walk around your home to inspect your windows and doors can help offer a look into which rooms or areas of your home may need repair or maintenance and help you prioritize them.
So before you kickoff your research on replacement windows and doors, read over this checklist for your inspection.
- Check the finishes around your
windows and doors and see if find any flaking or
- Take a close look at the structure of your
windows and doors, making note any
cracking or deteriorating wood as well as any other
damage that may be caused by water.
- If you uncover a concern, find its cause. There might
be underlying concerns that necessitate
a specialist from Pella Windows and Doors to come out
and take a look, and any information is valued.
- Clean out your window sills and tracks for dirt
and other debris as it might compromise the
seal and operation of your windows and doors.
- While you’re taking care of your window sills and tracks, inspect
the weather stripping around your windows and doors. Re-attach or replace any broken
- Test out the locks on your windows and doors to make certain that they are working
smoothly and correctly.
- Check the caulking of all your windows and doors as they help shield against air leaks and help protect your home from the elements.
If you’ve taken the time to go through this checklist, you’ve checked your home for some of the more common issues we see at Pella Windows and Doors. While some of these issues are simple fixes, please contact us if you have any questions about the condition of your windows and doors. Stop by our Ketchum showroom, give us a call at 208-726-0060 or schedule an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.