Looking for New Windows in Your Ketchum, ID Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When shopping for windows for your home improvement or new construction project, you obviously want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you evaluate your options, think about these facts:
- Windows can dramatically change the interior and exterior look and feel of your Ketchum area home.
- Your window choice can make a positive difference in your overall level of comfort and energy consumption.
- The quality of your windows can have a healthy impact on the resale value of your Ketchum area home if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to research the style and function options available, you will be pleased with your purchase and love the pleasure of looking through your new windows for years to come.
What items should you think about when purchasing replacement windows for your Ketchum home?
- What do they look like? Consider the fact that you’re going to look through your replacement windows most often from in the home, not outside of it. Picture things in your mind from inside and study the view carefully; will the type of window and color fit with your home’s current style? Is the window accessible for regular cleaning? Can light flow into the home? And don’t forget to stand outside from many viewing positions to determine if the style of replacement window you are considering fits with the overall façade of your Ketchum home.
- How energy efficient are the windows? Understand the facts relating to your windows that relate to their energy efficiency. Specifics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values identify the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Compare your estimated energy savings beforehand to help bring down heating and cooling spending and maximize your investment.
- How will my new windows function? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to open and close your choice of window before you settle on one. Is it easy to open and close the window? Is the window accessible enough to clean inside and out? Will the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window blinds or shades undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, make sure it opens easily and supplies an adequately-sized opening.
- What is the installation process? Installing your windows is either blended with the overall purchase price or involves a third-party contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- Is it easy to clean and maintain your new windows? The weather in the Ketchum area changes often. Wind, rain, sun and snow can have a negative impact on the appearance of the glass, especially on low quality windows. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles in order for you to easily clean your windows and allow them to look great for many years to come.
- What is available in terms of color and hardware options? Color options can reflect your style and increases the overall appeal of your Ketchum home. Some window companies offer few exterior color choices. Determine what color schemes are in place for the windows you are considering. In addition, there are plenty of option to coordinate window hardware with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinets, faucets and even appliances.
- What is the price? The old saying “you get what you pay for” is especially true when it comes to purchasing quality windows. The lowest priced windows may not be your best buy. Shop around and compare. Price should be a factor, but not the only factor.
We urge you to visit Pella at the Ketchum area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 208-726-0060.