Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
The cold season is fast approaching in Ketchum and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Ketchum winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and influence your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Ketchum experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Ketchum.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Ketchum a call at 208-726-0060 or check out our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.