Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Ketchum, ID Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a nice, warm day in Ketchum. And with a bit of spring-cleaning, those windows will sparkle, leaving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another type, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you kickoff your spring-cleaning:
- While it seems better to clean with the sun out, the sun may actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is properly cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning over with.
- Receiving the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from settling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help shield the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a bit of TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows and Doors can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drive by the showroom in Ketchum today and check out which line of products are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.