The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They give you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wants, and with the variety of styles and colors we carry, you can find a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you choose, there are a few color choices to meet
your design needs.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient selections than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to allow for easier cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve read a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a number of
designs out there, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles might obstruct their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that is cleaned, cleaning can be more of a headache.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are usually more pricey than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles may be a great accent to your next set of windows. There are a variety of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re looking for. Of course, with the variety of choices available, we suggest stopping by our Ketchum showroom, giving us a call at 208-726-0060 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we offer.