When it comes time to replace your windows you don’t have to give them to us to haul them away. We’re more than happy to do so if you’d like, but your old windows give you the perfect occasion to turn them in to your next repurposing project. We’re all about green initiatives, so we’ve put together a few of our favorite ways to repurpose those old windows of yours and we wanted to share them with you.
- Paint the glass pane(s) of your old window with chalkboard paint and turn it into a trendy chalkboard for notes or chores
- Fill each glass pane with a photo, or multiple photos, and create a frame for all of your favorite photos
- Paint the frames of two old windows and hang them on the side of your garage with flower planters attached to the bottom, sprucing up an otherwise dull space with a splash of color.
- Find four matching dowels from a garage sale or your local salvage yard, then take your old window and fasten the dowels to the four corners of the window to create a unique and handy table for your patio, deck or use indoors as a coffee table
- Take one, or a few, of your old windows and arrange them on the wall above a bed as a cheap and easy headboard that not only saves you money, but adds an immense amount of charm and distinctive beauty to a bedroom
We hope you’ve found a few of these ideas helpful and maybe it even sparked a little creativity in you for your own old window repurposing project. We love finding unique ways to reuse old things and hope that when you decide it’s time to replace your old windows that you’ll give us a call at 208-726-0060 and maybe even keep a window or two to create your next masterpiece.