Window Style 101
Your window coverings can play a big role in the style of your room. So, whether you’re aiming for a tranquil feeling or something vibrant to express your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are couple tips to gussy up your windows.
- To establish a sense of drama or to make a smaller room seem bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to display your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a whimsical print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up a lot, try swapping out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you prefer!
- If you’re having trouble finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t confine yourself to normal window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you envision.
- For an understated and elegant look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.